24 April: 24 Stunden internationale Solidarität gegen transnationale Konzerne
Wir schlagen eine einfache, aber wirksame Aktion vor, wenn sich viele von uns daran beteiligen: hänge an dein Fenster oder auf den Balkon ein T-Shirt oder einen Stoff mit einer Parole, um gegen die multinationalen Unternehmen zu protestieren, die Leben zerstören. Diese Aktion wird vorgeschlagen im Gedenken an die Tausenden von Textilarbeiterinnen, die während des Zusammenbruchs ihrer Fabrik in Rana Plaza im Jahr 2013 starben oder verletzt wurden.
Beteilige dich an den 24 Stunden der internationalen Solidarität, um gemeinsam die Macht der transnationalen Konzerne anzuprangern, die Ungleichheiten verschärfen, Frauen in Prekarität einschließen und die Natur und unser Leben zerstören.
GUIDELINES FOR THE 24 HOURS OF FEMINIST ACTION: APRIL 24TH
On April 24, 2013, 1,134 people who worked in outsourced workshops for large companies (such as Benetton, Gap and Walmart) died in Bangladesh when the Rana Plaza building, where textile workshops operated, collapsed. Since then, this has been a day of feminist action and solidarity of the World March of Women against the power and impunity of transnational companies.
We resist to live, we march to transform. This is the motto of our 5th International Action in 2020. On April 24th, once again we will raise our voices against transnational corporations, their violations against women and peoples around the world, their impunity. We will do 24 hours of solidarity with actions following the time zone in each place where we are organized.
Because of the restrictions demanded by the new coronavirus pandemic, we will demonstrate online, organizing virtual spaces to spread our feminist, anti-racist and anti-capitalist debate. This way we also strengthen our articulation and our solidarity, our combative and internationalist ties. For 24 hours, the March will express its concrete solidarity with working women around the world, making our denounces and presenting our alternatives, sharing content that serves our permanent process of organization and popular education.
To prepare ourselves for this action on April 24th, and also to keep ourselves connected and minimally organized in this quarantine time, we advise that 'every national coordination organizes, as possible - online - conversations and training' to reflect on the power of transnationals and its relationship with the crisis we are facing.
A 'base text' to guide these activities is attached. The militants who receive this information are responsible for passing it on, at all times, to the coordinators of the countries and groups in their region. Each territory has its struggles, which involve many aspects of transnational corporations activities : land and resources grabbing, contamination of water sources, precarization of work, privatization of health services, militarization and surveillance etc. The text aims to help women to define, in each location, the issue that is most related to their reality and actions and to generate a formation/dialogue/discussion about it.
These activities can be organized before April 24th. if we document each one of them, with photos, videos, texts, we will have content to occupy the networks for 24 hours on the 24th.
The result of this mobilization of dialogue and training can be sent back to the IC. This roadmap may serve as a reference for the issues to be addressed:
- What is the March's denounces in relation to each company and the violations that this company practices?
- How does the exploitation model of transnational companies affect the lives of women?
- What is the relationship between the way transnational companies act and the coronavirus crisis?
- What are our struggles and what alternatives we propose?
In addition to the materials we send in this e-mail, the national coordination bodies may use other materials for study that they deem necessary, 'focusing on local demands and realities' and, above all, seeking to understand how these transnational corporations operate in their territories and how they increase, in this pandemic period, the precariousness of female workers and class, racist and patriarchal inequalities.
- Preparation for the 24 Hours of Feminist Solidarity Against the Power of Transnational Corporations and the crisis we face with the Covid-19 pandemic -- online dialogue, debates, training meetings that can be documented in photographs, videos, audios, texts.
- After the meetings, 'send a report' to the International March, identifying the main is sues, the companies in the territories and other summaries of the activity. This way, we will have enough material to carry out the activity in the networks on April 24th.
- Deadline: by April 20th we need to know who is the responsible person in each country and what activity will be carried out.
- We have made a card for social networks that can be edited here. Please make a copy of the image and edit the copy. This way everyone can use it: https://www.canva.com/design/DAD5hP1fQ3A/share/previewtoken=kz4XRjeNt8CaC1PnE870PQ&role=EDITOR&utm_content=DAD5hP1fQ3A&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton